Understanding the Complications of Minnesota DWI Law
One would think that laws are straightforward and easy to understand. But if you’ve been stopped for a traffic violation and resulting DWI, you know that MN DWI law can be confusing. Your best bet is to immediately consult with a DWI attorney in Twin Cities. Let’s take a look at some of the common questions:
Is it a DWI or a DUI?
Maybe you wondering, what’s the difference between a DWI and a DUI? Both terms relate to a drunk driving offense – DWI is Driving While Impaired, and a DUI is Driving Under the Influence. The term DUI is no longer the legal term in Minnesota, but both terms are used interchangeably to describe a drunk driving arrest.
What is MN DWI Law?
Whether the DWI is your first offense or follows a previous DWI arrest, this is a serious charge. In fact, you may be facing more than one charge. The MN DWI law allows for the following charges:
- Driving While Impaired;
- Blood Alcohol Concentration over .08%;
- Blood Alcohol Concentration over .08% within 2 hours of driving;
- Refusal to submit to testing.
While you face multiple charges, if you are convicted, you will be convicted of one offense, the rest will be dismissed at the time of sentencing. Your DWI attorney in Twin Cities will advise you on your case, and which charges are likely to be final or dismissed.
As a DWI attorney in Twin Cities will tell you, there are a number of consequences from the arrest. You will face a possible suspension of your license, fines, possible jail time, and increased insurance rates. If you depend on your vehicle for employment, your license suspension could cost you your job.
How Can I Defend Myself against MN DWI Law?
There’s a simple answer to that question. You cannot adequately defend yourself against MN DWI law; you need the help of a DWI attorney in Twin Cities. An attorney will help you understand the ramifications of MN DWI law, and what you can expect. Also, a DWI attorney in Twin Cities will examine your arrest and the evidence gathered at the time of your arrest.
A DWI attorney in Twin Cities can help you navigate the difficult path associated with MN DWI law. He or she may be able to minimize the charges, or have the dismissed entirely. Your future is too big to gamble on – get the advice of a DWI attorney in Twin Cities immediately. You’ll be glad you did.
- Hire An Experienced DWI / DUI Attorney
- What to know about public defenders
- Protect Your Rights Against A DUI / DWI
- Mistakes people make after being arrested
- 53 DWI Laws & Case Tips
- Criminal/Administrative Penalties for DWI
- Minnesota Ignition Interlock Program
- Tips for Hiring a DWI/DUI Lawyer
- 14 Most Common Police Mistakes
- What Can You Do to Save Your License?
- What Happens After A DWI Arrest?
- Top 10 Mistakes Lawyers Make
- Minnesota's "Implied Consent" law
- Online Drink Wheel BrAC Calculator
- Elements of the Crime