Are You Facing Charges For Criminal Vehicular Operation In Minnesota?
Don't Make The Mistakes Commonly Made By Those Facing Charges Of A Felony DWI In MN
Facing charges for criminal vehicular operation in Minnesota is a serious matter, particularly if the charges you are facing are felony charges.
In fact, if you are facing charges for a felony DWI in MN, you could be facing some serious jail time, as well as severe fines and other penalties. Therefore, it is essential that you do not make the common mistakes that many people make that are facing charges for criminal vehicular operation in Minnesota.
Some of these common mistakes include…
- Failing to take the situation seriously
- Failing to hire an experienced attorney
- Hiring a DWI attorney based solely on the fee
- Failing to comply with Minnesota driver's license laws
- Failing to take full advantage of your constitutional rights
- Accepting the first offer made by the prosecution
- Continuing to drive after your license has been suspended or revoked
- Failing to appear in court
- Talking to someone other than your attorney about your case
- Talking to several different attorneys so you can try to win your case on your own
It is important to remember that being convicted of a felony DWI in MN will follow you around for the rest of your life, which can make it difficult for you to obtain future employment and to get certain types of licensure and certification that you might need for a job.
In addition, being found guilty of criminal vehicular operation in Minnesota can also result in an increase in your automobile insurance, which can potentially cost you thousands of dollars.
Although it is not cheap to hire an experienced DWI attorney, the long term expense of a conviction will be far more costly. Therefore, it is essential to hire an attorney early on in your case, for if you fail to raise the right challenges at the right time, you can lose your right to argue these defenses and your case can become even more difficult to win.
Additionally, it is essential to remember that anything you say to anyone other than your attorney can be used against you in court. Therefore, if you try to win your case on your own, you may inadvertently say too much to one of your witnesses and find yourself on the losing end of your case.
Facing the possibility of a conviction for a felony DWI in MN is something that should not be taken lightly, so be sure you aren't making any of these common mistakes. If you hope to win your case and put your charges for criminal vehicular operation in Minnesota behind you, contact an experienced and knowledgeable law firm to handle your case.
Douglas V. Hazelton has been practicing Twin Cities, Minnesota DUI law for many years. The focus of his practice is criminal law, with alcohol-related offenses --- such as a Twin Cities DUI arrest --- being his prime area of concentration. Hazelton has lectured to national audiences regarding DWI related topics and has published numerous articles on the subject.
Don’t risk your driving freedom! Get the assistance of a DUI / DWI attorney experienced in the Minnesota DUI law. Hire an attorney who will get the job done right by calling Doug V. Hazelton at 1-612-334-3342.
- Hire An Experienced DWI / DUI Attorney
- What to know about public defenders
- Protect Your Rights Against A DUI / DWI
- Mistakes people make after being arrested
- 53 DWI Laws & Case Tips
- Criminal/Administrative Penalties for DWI
- Minnesota Ignition Interlock Program
- Tips for Hiring a DWI/DUI Lawyer
- 14 Most Common Police Mistakes
- What Can You Do to Save Your License?
- What Happens After A DWI Arrest?
- Top 10 Mistakes Lawyers Make
- Minnesota's "Implied Consent" law
- Online Drink Wheel BrAC Calculator
- Elements of the Crime