DWI Arrest Tips MN Glove Compartment Guide for Drivers Stopped for DWI in MN
1. Do not answer any of the officer's questions other than your name and your address.
2. Exit your vehicle only when asked.
3. Don not agree to perform roadside exercises (also known as "field sobriety tests"; we like to call them "stupid human tricks"). These tests include:
- Walk the Line
- Stand on One Leg
- Follow the Pen
- Touch Your Nose
- Count Backwards
- Or anything else
4. Do not agree to have your eyes tested.
5. Do agree to blow into a handheld breath tester. Ask the officer if the results will be used in court against you. Refusal may mean an arrest.
6. At the police station or hospital, ALWAYS take the opportunity to consult with an attorney before making your decision about testing. If the police have a warrant for your blood or urine sample, you should consent to the taking in accordance with the warrant.
7. Be polite. Produce requested documents. Do not resist or argue in any way.
8. Ask to call a lawyer for help as soon as possible.
- Hire An Experienced DWI / DUI Attorney
- What to know about public defenders
- Protect Your Rights Against A DUI / DWI
- Mistakes people make after being arrested
- 53 DWI Laws & Case Tips
- Criminal/Administrative Penalties for DWI
- Minnesota Ignition Interlock Program
- Tips for Hiring a DWI/DUI Lawyer
- 14 Most Common Police Mistakes
- What Can You Do to Save Your License?
- What Happens After A DWI Arrest?
- Top 10 Mistakes Lawyers Make
- Minnesota's "Implied Consent" law
- Online Drink Wheel BrAC Calculator
- Elements of the Crime